Hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner
I saw that Amber (from Books of Amber) had done this survey and decided to do it myself. On the last day of the year, because there’s nothing like rushing blog posts in a day!)
‘Best in Books 2012 ‘
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
This book! This BOOK! I’ve read it three times this year, thats how much I liked it 🙂
2. Book You Were Excited About and Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
It was so disapointing! It was basically the Twilight storyline!
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
I thought it was going to be princess-y with lots of tears but it didn’t turn out like that at all 🙂
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
I lent it to my mum 🙂
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
This is where I’m going to cheat. I read a few unmisssable series this year!
Perfect Chemisty, Rules of Attraction and Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
Cinder by Marissa Meyer. (Looking forward to reading the next few books that come out soon!)
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Adult historical fiction, but it was so good! I read the second in the series too 🙂
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
Read it so fast! Really wanted to get the end of it!
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Loved this book, but read it quite fast and would like to read it again before the second book comes out 🙂
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Gus Waters. Because he was wonderful and yes, I AM a nerdfighter 🙂
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Cried the second and third time I read it. Need I say more?
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
It just made me think of friendships and how life can just pass you by. I also got my addiction to the name DEXTER from this book 🙂
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
The Harry Potter Series! Yes, I know! I know! Don’t judge me.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
Try and guess what book? I’ve mentioned it, like, fifteen times already.
16. Shortest and Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Longest: Inheritance by Christopher Paolini – 860 Pages
Shortest: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy – 179 pages
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
The ‘SCENE’ in TFiOS when Gus was no longer suffering from personhood. I wanted to tell people that he wasn’t there anymore.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012?
Brittney and Alex from Perfect Chemistry. I love the other releationships too, but I read this book twice this year so it’s more fresh in my mind.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
I’ve read a few books by Sara Manning, but haven’t really though they were that good. I give this five stars!
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else?
John Green recomended this in one of his videos and so…I read it 🙂
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Beautiful cover, eh?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Yep, you’d all forgotten about this hadn’t you?
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I want to read 100 books in 2013, write reviews every week, host a few tours 🙂 I’ll have been blogging for a year in June, so that’s pretty cool!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to make your own survey and post the links below!